Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #10
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: At which point is reselling acceptable?

This horse has been beaten and beaten before, but here's where I draw the line. Buying for friends is fine by me. Buy all you want. If you want to buy an extra one with plans of selling it down the road for a profit, that's fine too, because you're not creating an artificial scarcity and trying to take advantage. You're taking a risk that the product will be in demand later.

Where I see things becoming unethical is when someone cleans out a store. That's scalping. It's creating a artificial scarcity with the intent of jacking up the price.

Some argue they are making the product available to others who might not have a shot at it, but see that's not true. If they didn't buy the product up it would be on the shelves for everyone to buy.

In the end these people are inserting themselves in to the supply chain, and aren't adding any value to the product. They are in a way extortionists. They might as well be standing in front of the toy, demanding that anyone who wants to buy one must pay them money to step aside.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.