View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 03:24 PM   #20
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Transformers Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Now that we're through more than half of September, is there any update on this?

I have yet to see any evidence of the Rainmakers or Red Wing, but TRU's website is garbage and their stocking practices seem inconsistent at best. In a perfect world I'd love some sort of pre-order or raincheck system, but that's not likely happening either.

i just want to make sure there's a fair chance to get them that doesn't involve having to make spur-of-the-moment trips to a location 2+ hours away on rumors and innuendo. I've seen all the US fans fretting about how hard it's been to get the Rainmakers from Target and would hate to see the same thing happen here. The scramble to find the Refraktor 3-pack box set at TRU locations also comes to mind (including the fact that I've seen people reporting finding them in the electronics section of the stores rather than the Transformers aisle.)

In the last month I've seen precisely 1 box of the Micromaster 10-pack at my local TRU, but I didn't buy it since the set doesn't interest me. I've been back to multiple TRU locations multiple times since then and seen nothing. And it wasn't even set out on a shelf that was obviously meant for it. Instead it was just stuck in front of a bunch of other movie figures like an afterthought. I dread the other exclusives getting this level of "attention". Or it ending up like Omega/Jetfire where it's on/off the website at random intervals, never in the stores, and out of stock as fast as it's listed.
That part is always so weird lol. One store in town here likes to put big packages behind customer service; Siege Jetfire and MPM Megatron, for example. Another store puts them on the regular shelf. And then some stores, like you note, put "special edition" items in electronics with some of the other more "collectible" stuff vs the toy section.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.