Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #1836
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: Star Wars Discussion (The Last Jedi Spoilers Within!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Honestly, how they handled Luke was pretty terrible to me. This character was like my biggest fictional hero for basically my entire life, and they ruined him.

It is kinda like how Transformers fans howled when Michael Bay turned Prime into a cold blooded killer.

Luke turning his back on his family and friends due to a failed student, which in turn allows said student to murder millions including Han - it is hideous. Him thinking of killing Kylo due to Kylo having dark thoughts was frankly crazy. Even him telling Leia that Kylo can't be saved(when Rey tried to bring him back to the light), is so out of character for Luke.

This is a character who threw down his lightsaber in the face of certain death to stick to his principles and show the love of a father he never even knew.

But he apparently couldn't handle a sixteen year old kid getting tempted by the darkside...............

That said, if you don't feel as strongly as I do about Luke I can see how folks could feel the movie works. What they did with the Luke arc in the film was well done for what it was - it just goes completely against eveything we know about the character.
I read a lot of nerd rage about Luke...how he decided to run away and hide and did nothing to help.

Look...Jedi masters don't get to retire and live happily ever after. Look at what happened to Obi Wan and Yoda. They both decided to exile and hide... They both didn't do much to train and prepare Luke. I guess it's a trend for all Jedi masters to train future bad guy and then hide from their own shame and sense of failure....LOL

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.