Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 08:33 PM   #10905
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Honestly you're missing out on some great figures.

You have to remember this is supposed to be a line geared towards a younger age group compared to Generations/WFC. I honestly believe this is a line that should be more popular than it is based on the toys, and show, produced.

Yes the plastic quality, and gimmicks really hurt some of the figures. However the armour gimmick is actually really show accurate, and they made a Titan!!!

I have about 20 figures, don't ask me how that happened I can't believe it myself. However if you are interested in trying out some now hit up Winners/Marshalls. They are getting some in stock now, and cheaper than regular retail.

My favourites from the line, so far, are:

Warrior class (deluxe) Windblade. She is unfortunately floppy in the legs. However she is a great design with an awesome gimmick (spinning wing turbines.

Deluxe Arcee (baf Macadam version). Without a doubt one of my favourite versions of Arcee. I can't believe how much better she is than most of the Cyberverse figures. She seems to have been given more money for design, paint and accessories. I actually paid full price for her and feel like it was well worth the money.

One step Bludgeon and Whirl. Man I usually can't stand one step toys, but these two!?! They are incredible for what they are. I love to just fiddle with them when I have them in hand. Definitely worth getting if you can find them on sale. (Not full price though).

Thanks for the added suggestions. I checked out reviews for them all. Whirl is the standout fig to me. He's more like a 5-step changer and, like you said, for a "1-step" he is impressive with decent articulation, if I find him at Winners/Marshalls I would pick him up.

I always liked deluxe Arcee too, but I'm limited in money and still really like my generations Arcee. I'm not going to get ER Arcee, but will probably get the Elita-1 repaint.

Gnaw is cool, I almost bought him when he first came out to go with legends Gnaw, but again, money issues and running out of shelf space, I just decided to not get him.

I'm not sure how much longer this line is going to go, but if they release some of the new characters that were created in the show and release them as deluxes, i would seriously consider those. A deluxe Hammerbyte would be sweet!! or Clobber, Rack n' Ruin, Wildwheel.

Did you like RID 2012? I didn't think I was going to like that toyline, but I ended up buying pretty much the whole Warrior class line and a couple one steps. A few of these remind me of some Cyberverse figs like Bludgeon that's why I'm not picking up a lot of them.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.