Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #25
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 66 - Wars, Machines, Hunters, and Their Beasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
And sure, your point is valid that the $80 I spent on Prime figures could have gotten me 1 really nice vinatge one, but the reverse is also true, that $80 I blew on 1 figure could have gotten me 4 PRID deluxes.
See Advice #2, "Patiences", those 4 PRID Deluxes you just bought will be now 4 for $25 (or heck less) loose in 12 months from the fact of the matter. Look at last BIG HOTNESS main line. I see $5 loose Animated Prowl, loose Voyager Animated Prime for $10.

Shock, I understand what our getting at, but if you want to get the MOST you can, out of a limited income, this is the best route to go. I don't want to brag, but I have one of the biggest Transformers collections in the world, but I ain't rich, I just know where and when to buy.

It's something that dawned on me during Energon's initial run when I bought the whole FIRST WAVE in one shot at Walmart (circa early 2004), the bill came to over $410 bucks after Quebec taxes, during that time, I could have gotten a MIB Star Saber or heck maybe a decent loose Fortress Maximus.

Fast forward to today. That first wave of Energon (short of Energon Ultra Magnus) is worth about ALL TOGETHER about $100 bucks loose....... but MIB Star Saber today....... $700......... loose Fortress Maximus....... about $700 (ignore the recent reissue).

Know your battles bro, and you will have everything you will ever want and your wallet will only have one pain....... growing pains from all the money still in it.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 10-27-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.