Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #48
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: What the heck is this?

I'm not really sure where your going with this Alt Fan but I'll humor you none the less.

Since the 80's is very accurate. I watched all the G1 Cartoons back in the day and owned a good swat of the G1 toys as a kid. Watched Transformers the Movie 1986 in the theater.

Also had all the Marvel comics as well. Loved how Blaster was the Prime to be in those days and how Grimlock eventually ended up commanding the Autobots. Circuit Breaker did piss me off to no end though. And don't even ask about the Scraplets and the The Mechanic

Shockwave on the cover of Issue # 5 " The Transoformers: Are all Dead issue" is my favorite comic cover ever.

As an adult I ceased collecting Transformers toys but I still watched Beasties when it came out, though I did miss parts of that series. I think that was the mid 90's, though my memory is hazy.

I've collected Star Wars very seriously since 1995 and always had an interest in getting back into Transformers. I was looking for updated G1 stuff and the Classics line was it. Love that line. Just got Hound Last Weekend and Cyclonus today, both kick much ass.

I'm admittedly have not been a hardcore Transformers fan for every cartoon and toyline thats come along, nor have I ever claimed to be. But I do think I qualify as a fan. I'm not on the level of say a Pascal or Protoman, don't pretend to be either.

I'm in this hobby for what I enjoy about it, thats G1 and its updates, though I have since revisted Beatsies and think its an excellent show from start to finish. Even what I've seen of Beast Machines is very good. I can't wait to get that whole series one day.

I've even been watching the Japanese Headmasters series of late, but am only up to Ep: 15 or so. It's cool too.

I've been a dealer at the local toy shows for the past 13 years or so, and have always loved checking out the new Transformers stuff at the shows and in the stores even if I wasn't collecting for a long while.

Almost got the G1 Re-issues from Toys"R"Us a few years before I started collecting, because they invoked so many fond memories.

In fact I'd love to see you at those Toy Shows, I always interested in meeting local Cybertron.ca'ers I got to interview Starscream's voice last Comic Con, double coolness when I found out that he was also the voice of G1 Silverbolt back in the day.

In short I'm a fan and have been for a long time, even if I doesn't meet your criteria of what a "fan" is.

Till all are one, Alt Fan Till all are one.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.