Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
Pascal
Banned
Quick review: Transformers Crossovers Hulk & Iron Man

First, the pictures...

I'll say it right away: I'm having much, much more fun with these 2 figures than with say, Animated Leader Megatron.
----

HULK

PROS

-innovative transformation for a tank (turret becomes the legs and several never seen before steps convert the tank treads into arms)
-excellent poseability: head, shoulders (3!), biceps, elbows, wrists, thumbs, fingers, hips, thighs, knees, ankles, toes
-turret can move up and down
-sculpt.... tank totally suits Hulk and the robot mode is convincing with its Hulk-esque proportions... tank is well detailed, rivets and mechanical detailing everywhere
-spring-loaded waist and shoulders for punching/clapping action!
-molded and painted battle damage
-looks good from all angles in robot mode except for the longish heels/turret halves
-rolls superbly
-heavy

CONS

-turret can turn
-tank doesn't look good from the rear
-deformed cannon (myself, I don't mind it)

Plastic quality is on par with actual Transformers. All the parts peg or snap solidly, no floppyness whatsoever. Mostly molded in green plastic with silver, gold, white and steel blue paint apps.

--------

IRON MAN

PROS

-some innovation transformation steps for a seeker (although the legs could vaguely remind you of Cybertron Legends Thundercracker!)... I especially like how the leg guards move down to cover the void left by the rotated feet... nosecone turns into hip guards... flap to cover the void left on the upper chest... cockpit moves down to reveal Iron Man's signature chest thingy
-double missiles can be pegged on the arms for additional firepower
-very good articulation: head, shoulders (3), biceps, elbows, wrists, hips, thighs, knees, ankles, arm cannons
-good sculpt, especially on the head... this really looks like Iron Man... jet mode could easily pass for a real TF seeker
-backpack (wings) is snapped on the back and folded out of the way... take that Thundercracker!
-all the parts peg/snap solidly into place

CONS

-hollow forearms.. too bad they couldn't do panels like on Cybertron Thundercracker
-slightly longish legs
-no wheels or landing gears in jet mode, just unpainted molded wheels

Another good figure. Molded in red and grey (2) plastic with yellow, red and black paint apps.

-----

Are they better than Star Wars Transformers? It depends on what you're looking for. Plastic and engineering are much better, on par with real Transformers. But Star Wars Transformers still have better looking alternate modes. And they have pilots. Transformers Crossovers are sturdier, more poseable and more stable. Can't wait to get the rest of the series.

PS : Sorry if my thoughts are posted so randomly, I'm running out of time and I had to do this quick.

Last edited by Pascal; 06-07-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.