Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 10:45 AM   #220
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post
If no one is using the program, then how is it causing delays at checkout?
Walmart sucks, but I guess that goes without saying.
Well, no one is successfully using the program, but the attempts are causing delays as store personnel have to think up more and more creative nonsense reasons to deny the match.

Edit/ I wrote this mostly joking but thinking about it there's a lot of truth to it. I'd read in the past that things like price matches are measured against the store manager and the store managers are better off with fewer marches being done.
Corporate, who made this decision, get metrics from the POS system about every price match made, but not for the ones attempted and denied. Nothing gets punched into the POS system to say "price match denied".

So corporate really do only see stats on successful matches. Nothing on total attempts. And I can believe successful matches are a small number, given the resistance we see from store personnel.

One thing I will acknowledge on their side is that price matching must be second only to returns in terms of scam attempts. For every one of us trying to legitimately match the price with TRU for a $9 savings, there's probably 2 attemtps to match faked ads, sites, etc by scuzzy people looking to get a TV pricematched at hundreds off. So I get why even sunny optimistic managers and staff can get pretty jaded after a while.

Last edited by Goaliebot; 09-19-2020 at 11:26 AM.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.