View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 05:59 AM   #12
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Is Amazon.ca on Crack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
I have tried doing searches on Amazon.ca for things and never end up buying anything for 2 reasons- they don't have what I'm looking for or it's 1.5x what it should cost. All that site has done is discourage me from seeing it as a place I would use.

How they're still in business is beyond me.
They actually do have big discounts from time to time. You just have to catch them when they happen.

In the last year or so they had discounted the Covenant of Primus down to around $30 from around $125. Right now it is $62 (so 50% off).

Over boxing week last year I picked up a ton of Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series items for less than 50% with sales. I got Netflix Daredevil & Punisher for less than $10 each. 6" Luke with Landspeeder for $30. Etc.

Yes sometimes their pricing is insane. However I find most items sold through Amazon, and not some third party seller, are close to retail price. Better in some cases (mostly household items).

And then if you are lucky, to catch Amazon at the right time, you can score big discounts.

If anything Walmart needs to get off their asses and start getting back to actually doing proper sales and clearances on toys. They really have fallen off compared to Amazon and TRU.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.