Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #5
Oberon Prime
Beasty
Re: Amiami or HLJ for Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfarsh View Post
ok, I have been pre-ordering my MP transformers from Anime Export last year, and although I have not had any problems with my products or shipping, I wasn't able to cancel some of my orders after paying, they just never respond back, so I was caught in a bad situation once and not too pleasant. Also, wanting to not pay right away and waiting for release, and seing if exchange becomes more in my favour, I am considering Amiami and HLJ. Last year, it was the reverse, and I wanted to pay right away, as I was afraid it would go up.

Which one do you guys recommend?

Ever been hit with duty? I think HLJ cannot undervalue, like Anime Export can, and I don't know about Amiami, but I got a feeling they cant either. Bought a figma fig once from Amiami without any issues, but never dealt with HLJ.

My purchases are less than 100 $
I've done 4 orders with HLJ and while the first 3 were well under $100 the 4th was well over. And I have never paid duty or customs fees. They never marked it down, however prices are shown in JPY which I magine requires some extra work and double checking that perhaps most customs agents are not inclined to go through.

On the other hand I could have been lucky but it seems that most people I have seen post about using HLJ have had similar luck.

Also regarding the pay when it comes in feature of the service (which I admit is why I chose them over N-Y). They use PayPal so unless you signup for a Payment Agreement you are simply emailed when it comes in to provide payment and are given 3 days.

Though they do not explicitly offer a cancellation option after it's in stock, one could just not submit the payment.

This could of course be potentially damaging to ones relationship with the store and could prevent future preorders. I have never had to do this so have never contacted them to feel out their reaction. But it seems that since they charge a lower early bird price on preorders they could be quite okay with a few ditched preorders they can then sell at a higher price.

But regardless of how not paying works out if you preorder and when it comes in realize you cannot pay then those willing to deal with the blowback do have an out.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.