View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 08:40 AM   #38
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkroar View Post
Price is part of the equation for me. I can afford to collect as much as I used to, but the price doesn't seem good value.

At the same time it's not only the price. I think I got burnt out on Transformers in general. I've been collecting a lot since around the end of Armada, so it probably had to happen eventually. I've owned so many Optimus Prime's, Megatrons, etc that there comes a point where you don't get hyped for the next version of the same thing. I'm content with older versions of most of these characters like Titans Blitzwing versus the new one, so that's also a factor.

This year I only plan on picking up 3 Transformers from what we've heard about (Beast Wars TM2 Megatron, Inferno, and Tarantulas). I'm open on getting other things, if something amazing comes out, but that's about it.
Couldn’t have said this any better, though I am not burnt out I can be more selective. Definitely feel burned by the Legacy and some of the Kingdom and SS 86 lines redoing figures we just got in the previous trilogy line. WFC was a bit of a let down for me as I’ve collected the Classics/Henkei and TR/Legends and I still like and enjoy those figures. Some of the upgrades have been nice like the seekers and a decent Soundwave but I was looking forward to actual cybetronian modes and I’ve used some TR and WFC to fill out my Cybertronian roster since the wheels hide well in bot mode and the smaller figures give me the impression the bots grow or get upgraded over time and some downgraded by damage in battle. So my G1 and Cybertronian collection is a mix of a few lines putting the bots in best places with the best looks.I wonder what a Cybertronian Powerglide looks like?

Last edited by The 12th Prime; 04-09-2022 at 08:44 AM.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.