Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 11:02 AM   #20
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt
Re: NETFLIX War for Cybertron: SIEGE discussion WITH SPOILERS

I'm gonna dig into that Soundblaster scene again because it gets more absurd the more I think about it. So Bumblebee gives a specific explanation for why Soundblaster looks like Soundwave: he's the product of a cloning experiment by Shockwave that apparently failed. And furthermore, Soundblaster is so sensitive/ashamed by this fact, Bumblebee warns Arcee not to bring up the resemblance.

This is the only time anyone ever points out that one character resembles another, and this instance comes with a backstory.

So what are we meant to assume about all the other mold twin pairings I mentioned, and all the recolored clones that make up the bulk of the Autobot and Decepticon armies, and Soundblaster's guards, and the undead Cybertronians in the Sea of Rust? What's the explanation for them? Just naturally occurring duplicates? Or are they, too, clones manufactured for war?

I like that Soundblaster is a distinct character with his own personality and ambitions. He's almost like a Swindle stand-in here, which is interesting. (Incidentally, too bad we never got an actual Swindle as a Hound redeco). But the fact Soundblaster needed his appearance explained just spotlights all the clones and copies used to fill out the background.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.