Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 12:06 AM   #28
Nocturn
Previously Dead
Re: I got scammed by user Mindtricks who also has username Nostalgic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalEnvy View Post
Okay. For some reason I got him mixed up mentally with Nocturn, who is a much more frequent poster.
That's me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Bought some figures, it went brilliantly! Would gladly deal with again!
This is what I posted on Nostalgic's feedback thread. All through the deal he was courteous - I realized after receiving the figures that one was missing a part, he located it, sent a pic, and said he sent it in the mail - though it hasn't shown up yet.

I don't have any of the PM's anymore, however the guy asked I pay with Paypal, which I chose to send as a gift, and package received a few days later. Nothing was fishy, even the missing part I didn't realize until I took close scrutiny between the figure and a pic of it online. So I don't feel like he had any intention to scam me. He didn't charge or even suggest that he would for the part, but again, it hasn't shown. The original package, he even sent me a picture of the tracking number! Everything seemed very legitimate.

For what it's worth, Nostalgic contacted me via email, however the address used was
<nostalgic84@yahoo.com>

I'm not sure if anyone else has contacted that email, however the guy I dealt with, called himself "Tim Wong", and as you can see, it's different from the email's OP was in contact with. To me this says one of two things:

One: it was scummy Tony all along, making burner emails to keep people off his trail, using fake names, as he's prone to do. Doing a handful of legitimate deals to build up his reputation enough to land a "big fish" victim, IE high price, big ticket items.

Two: Legitimate users are now being hacked, and their accounts hijacked by scummy Tony.

For the purposes of enlightenment, I sent $140 Paypal gift to wongtim00@outlook.com. If this was Tony at the time, he could've easily taken that and run, though it's maybe lower than he had targeted?

For that, and more reasons above, I'm inclined to believe Nostalgic was in fact hacked by Tony - though I have no real proof. If someone could somehow check the IP's the account has been logged in from?

Anyway - I'm not trying to defend scamming in any capacity, but I have a feeling the original user wasn't behind this transaction.

Last edited by Nocturn; 02-01-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.