Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Considering getting rid of my Prime figures.

I don't fully understand this mentality. You're mad at Hasbro because they aren't getting us the figures, I'm assuming this is in regards to the Breakdown Voyager thing. Instead of trying to get Takara's Breakdown (Which I personally am still hopeful of finding this year at C4) you're just going to ditch everything you bought because it's going to be too much of a hassle to get the entire show line?

How's that different from any other TF line?

Robots in Disguise: The Bullet Trains were notoriously under produced to the point where it was almost impossible to find them at retail due to the shelf warming Shark who took up all the space for the Mega Toy size class.

Armada: Did anyone ever actualy see Skywarp at retail? Or some of the end run Powerlinx figures that were actually in the cartoon?

Energon: Ironhide clogged shelves for years, we never saw too many of Alpha Quintesson, Cliffjumper or even Shockblast and Six Shot at retail, I barely recall seeing any of some of those at major retailers.

Cybertron: I can't recall anything from this line that was difficult to find at retail to be honest, I just didn't follow it enough with my limited budget to pay too close attention to the figures that barely showed up.

Lest we forget all the crap we had to deal with during the Animated Days because of Movie 1's glut of product and RotF taking over the shelves when the Animated line was such a hot seller.

Granted it is only recently (DotM/FE/Prime RiD) that we have seen product not actually being made for our markets, for whatever reason, but we've had to deal with similar issues for years as collectors. Armada Tidal Wave doesn't even have anime colors, if you wanted purple Tidal Wave you had to import him or just paint the Hasbro one yourself.

Getting upset at Hasbro's questionable decisions means you want to throw it all away and get out of the collecting game? Wow, if it's that much of a bother for you I'd hate to see what you'd feel like if you collected Star Wars, or G.I.Joe.

That sounds a bit rude of me, I don't mean it as such, the tone I was aiming for was more stunned sarcasm with a hint of ironic bemusement.

We shouldn't give up just because Hasbro is playing loosey goosey with their products. If you're on a fixed budgeted income and can't afford to import or want to pay more for a figure you feel should be available at retail, sure, don't buy him, but to abandon an entire line simply because you can't complete the show's cast without actually doing that (importing and stuff), well that just seems like you're fishing for excuses to not buy any more. If you're really that unhappy with collecting do not fish for excuses, because that could be signs your subconcious is telling you that your unhappiness isn't entirely accurate.

If you are truly unhappy, walk away, don't buy anything, don't sell of your collection, but don't buy more. Wait, be patient, take the time to really think it all out. If you're still unhappy, and keeping the toys you like isn't fun anymore, get out, get out now while you can. They are after all just toys, don't let them start stressing you out to the point of despair and depression.

But if you're just having a knee-jerk response to your frustrations with the parent company, well they aren't going to care if you get rid of your entire collection and then feel miserable about it later on down the road. You already gave them and the retailers your money by buying it, and if you stop buying well it's just going to be a very tiny stone, less than a pepple, a granule even drop in the bucket to them when it comes to revenu gains.

Hasbro doesn't care. They make their decisions for whatever reason, if a handful of people roughly the size of Unicron's hand, just give up on them, they've still got the entire rest of Unicron's body's worth of customers to fuel their decision making process.

Acting like a child with a tantrum won't matter to them, to use an analogy that fits with toy collecting if I may.

And didn't we have a similar discussion about this a few months back Shockwave? Perhaps I am mistaken.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.