Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 11:15 AM   #3
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Top 10 Transformers of 2021

*looks back @ 2021 purchases, attempting to limit to figs released within the year*

It's tough for me to judge, because some figs I really like but get relegated to statues
And some are maybe not as statuesque, but I enjoy the hell out of fiddling with while watchin TV etc

1) SS86 Hot Rod
Unabashed HotRod fan, this fig is awesome
Worst thing I could say about it is I'm so worried about destroying it (QA, paint chips) that he's basically a statue now
Kingdom RP might also be amazing, but I haven't opened it yet so can't judge

2) Kingdom Dinobot (& Grimlock retool)
An amazing fiddler, once you figure out how to properly enclose those beast hips - bought an extra one for the wife, so got a bot & a raptor around the living room at all times
Also the Grimlock retool's new bot head is *chef's kiss*

3) SS86 Grimlock
Again, beautiful rendition of the character
spend more time as t-rex due to fear of scratching up the paint on his yellow bot chest from dynamic arm poses (not much clearance there)
SS86 Slag probably also rules, but haven't opened him yet so can't judge

4) SS86 Scourge/Sweeps
"alt mode with his head out" does it for me every time, don't even care about the painted hips & shellformer-nature

5) Kingdom Huffer
really beautiful figure
worried about paint scratches from dynamic bot arms, considering his arms are all painted silver, and again, not much shoulder clearance, especially during transformation

6) Kingdom Inferno
a beautiful figure, AND fixed ER Grapple's peg issue

7) Buzzworthy BB WorldsCollide Bumblebee & Fangry
Sorry to put these together but they are both excellent fiddlers imo
the BB for being the best "playable" version of BB in this mold (Netflix being super rare gives the "this now a statue" effect, plus that weird windshield/collarbone connection a bit sketchy)
and if u don't like WorldsCollide Fangry i'm sorry, but u don't have a heart - this guy is hilarious

8) Kingdom Galvatron
a nice, playable, accurate Galvs

9) Kingdom "earthmode" Sideswipe/Selects DeepCover
dunno if this a cheat since the mold is from Siege, and practically unchanged - it's so good though, and felt SO GOOD to be rewarded for putting off picking up Siegeswipe

10) Botropolis Rescue Mission team
best decos on these two deluxe molds, best micromaster pair (red version of cannon-truck bros), and the shuttle duo sticks together better than the retail (for me)
Plus, if you take the white rocket topper (from Doubledealer), take off one of "Astroworks"' two back ramp/panels? Can then attach the white rocket topper to his back, like a big jetpack, with an autobot symbol right over his head, awesome
(can re-attach the ramp by connecting to the bottom of the other one, kinda hangs low like coattails; never mind that it'd get in the way of the rocket jetpack, it's FUN)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.