Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 08:09 PM   #12
zackmak
Robot Master
Re: Will TFcon show all 4 live-action Transformers movies this year?

My suggestion is more about playing 'Transformer' movies in one of the rooms that TFcon already has for the whole day/evening - both, as part of a schedule, and, to fill up space when no other activity is planned in that room.

Having different panels, etc, in the rooms is naturally expected and welcomed, but none will draw 100% interest in 100% of attendees, respectfully. Showing the live-action movies is no different...but it would be a far-fetched assumption that no one will attend the viewings. Even if only a few show up for each, it would be no different than many of the other TFcon panels that were scheduled over the years. And in any given year, it's hard to guess what many panels will draw in.

Also, sure, I can watch the movies at home...but I can also watch cosplay panels, script readings, 3rd Party figure reviews, etc. on youtube and other sites, at home, over and over. But I know there's something cool or special with being able to attend a Transformer-related panel at a Transformer convention, and participating in them with other like-fans of Transformers. Movies included.

That being said, only making a suggestion that seemed in line with TFcon showing movies and TF episodes in rooms in the past with various attendance sizes. Sometimes I went to those, sometimes I didn't.

Showing the movies in the lobby would be too busy, distracting, hard to find seating, and hard to hear, no doubt. A room with multiple seats, with clear, great audio, quite, and possibly dimmed lighting would provide a neat way to watch a movie with other TF fans. Or even pop in for a bit to chill.

Personally, I won't go to the cosplay or 3rd party panels...but I will go see the movies, if the start-and-finish times are right for me. Along with other panels.

I love how we're allowed to makes suggestions on this site to form our convention! And it would be even better if they came true. But, regardless, I appreciate the discussion with all opinions
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.