Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 07:44 PM   #28
Stormrave
Machine War
Re: TFcon Toronto 2017 Feedback Thread

I had a great time this year. I definitely saw an improvement in the dealers' room(s) this year. I saw lots of signage and announcements for the second dealers rooms and the dealers themselves had a great mix of TFs from every era as well as 3rd party and also general 80s toys and also handcrafts and art. I spent a lot of money

Feedback suggestions:

1. In past years it was common to have a camera on the speakers during panels and put up their image on the screens beside the stage. This didn't happen much this year and as a result I was often in panels where I couldn't see all the guests or tell who was talking because my view was blocked by people ahead of me, and while I had a clear view of at least one of the screens....the screens weren't showing what was going on, on stage. I didn't realize how much I relied on that feature until this year. Can you bring it back?

2. I don't know how much the con can affect the "special menu" pricing but as with last year, the prices were high so I ate meals elsewhere. Special menu prices were much better during the Delta years. However The four Transformers themed drinks were great fun as always and I sampled them all so well done on those.

3. I would be amiss if I didn't mention getting the door prize slip during the Saturday morning line and having no pen to fill it out with

Overall though this was a great con. I enjoyed all the guests. It was great to see Nick Roche and John Barber there for the first time.

The panel timing was really good too. It's kind of funny, on Saturday everyone I knew had one time they wanted to go for lunch, and the times were different depending on their interests. The balance was really good between voice acting, comics, toy design, fan panels, costumes....

I enjoyed Ninjatron and Vangelus's panels a lot and hope TFCon keeps doing fan run panels

And as always Oasis keeps us all in line Thanks for your hard work.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.