Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 08:25 AM   #11
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Playtime is Over ? Toys R Us USA Preparing for Complete Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
If Toysrus goes in Canada, that only leaves us with Walmart. How does that make everyone feel?

This is indeed sad news. Even if imperfect, TRU has been a childhood staple for generations of fans. Beyond that, it is just sad when any business ends up falling, never positive for any economy. I especially feel bad for employees losing their jobs. As a Canadian, I worry. A few years ago, Wal-Mart strangled Target into leaving with some smart and legit but slimy tactics. With them gone, we have a few small, useless chains, like Winners/Marshalls and Superatore that stock, periodically, outdated overstock from Wal-Mart and TRU and stuff like minicon deployers or 1 step changers. So, to find tf's or several other toy lines here, you really only have TRU and Wal-Mart, unless you go online and like paying for shipping lo, which is of course a valud option. If TRU goes, I fear Wal-Mart's monopoly. And, they are already charging 29.99 for those damned movie deluxes...Berserker is NOT close to being a 30 dollar plus tax quality toy. Give Wal-Mart a monopoly, they can charge what they want and there is no motivation to stock new waves with any speed or certainty. They will have no competition to keep them in check. Some say this is a chance for smaller chains, and it is, but I doubt any of them will take the risk with any great quantity, sadly. Winners used to be okay, but they virtually have nothing now until Christmas, and even then it isn't worth talking about. Here they had one case of Rid, one of those huge anniversary Primals that never sold and one Blitzwing and Octane. That was it. Anyone have better luck in their neck of the woods?
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.