Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 05:03 PM   #47
79transam
Machine War
Re: Walmart Exclusive Generation 1 Optimus Prime Vintage Reissue Out in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post
I have to echo Alexander Quinn's sentiment. If someone only buys knock-off masterpieces and claims to be voting with their wallet, then that is in fact a vote for Takara to raise their prices (to make up for lost revenue).

If someone chooses to go the KO route, that's their call, it's not my collection, but maybe don't be preachy about doing so?
Unless you believe that the KO market is in fact just Takara moonlighting in order to create 2 markets.
I don't know if I'm being preachy. I'm only talking about what I do. Preachy is telling people that they're morally inferior for expressing an opinion.
You want to spend 700 for an Optimus Prime or 70 for a trailerless reissue. Go ahead. But the fact remains, markets adjust to consumer willingness.

So lets talk about your assumptions made.
"Only buys ko"- You haven't seen my collection obviously or you'd never have said that.
"Lost revenue"- ummm I don't remember signing a contract to buy their stuff. If they're factoring me into their sales projections, they may want to read my opinions.

So to end, if you guys don't care about prices, don't ride me about my collecting habits.
If you do care about prices, take it up with Hastak, not me.

Last edited by 79transam; 01-24-2019 at 05:14 PM.
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.