Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #15
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Platinum Autobot Heroes Set - Walmart.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Arcee was never at Canadian retail. It's very reasonable for a collector only getting into or back into tfs to have missed out on blurr and kup. They were 6 and 7 years ago now. Springer was easy to find but he left retail 3 years ago already.

I'm not justifying the price or convincing anybody to get at. you're absolutely right, many collectors who would want these figures already have them. It is a very solid assortment of good toys with nice decos (not like that junk planet of junk set - junkion mold is nice but they all looked horrible), and for those who missed out on some, esp arcee, it's a good combo.

Ofc Titans return has blurr and an upcoming kup for cheap if people want to go that direction. Shame about blurrs lame deco. Great toy and the Takara deco is PERFECT.
I got Arcee for $40 about a year ago. I like the black on her. This set has her mostly white and pink like the takara version.
I've already replaced generations blurr with TR blurr on my 86 movie shelf. I'm probably going to do the same with Kup, and maybe hot rod too, I just have to get over the spoiler on his back being really low (or get the MP toy)
Springer is by far one of the best toys Hasbro has made in recent years. so a shiny version is good.
Ultra Magnus, also good in shiny paint...

It's a good set, and in terms of these platinum sets, is probably the least nonsensical, and only slightly too pricey for me to actually pick it up.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.