Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 08:42 AM   #182
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

I missed out on the G1 Astrotrain reissues last year. Resigned to buy a previous reissue from an onLine store for slightly more.

Sucks about some staff at TRU. Online help doesn't seem too helpful for local in-store stock. In-store staff can be hit-or-miss.

I heard a number of times MP-Soundwave boxes were dropped and kicked around because staff was/were sick of fielding calls every 20 seconds with people calling about stock.

There were plenty of complaints about dinged, dented, and damaged Soundwave boxes at the time. I saw all 4 at my local TRU; All 4 had damage. No other TFs had damage.

That being said, I've had many helpful encounters with staff in-store. One even cut open a plastic-wrapped pallet on the floor and played a bit of Jenga to get to the box of MP-10s at the bottom of the pallet for me. (I bought one and left the other).

Sucks during these times that with the concerns about the virus, it's hard to go into stores. Pandemic is tough on everyone; Store employees also likely have personal concerns about the virus, but still have to work. But really, Hasbro and TRU should have a better plan in place about handling exclusives. A more thorough plan would be better for both customers and employees.

I think I heard HasbroPulse is starting an onLine section for such store exclusives. Hopefully that will be (more) helpful in the future.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.