Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #7
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Re: Beast Wars pricing in the 90's?

Thanks guys, and the same goes to whoever fixed the typo in my title hah.

As far as these numbers themselves go, I remember Depth Charge being about 50 bucks after taxes (so 40 before taxes seems about right), but other than that, I was drawing a complete blank. Like, these prices seem a lot cheaper than what I remember (I've always seen deluxes at around the 20 dollar mark of today(, but I think much of that has to do with how young I was at the time, and how actually having an entire bill in my pocket (even 5 bucks) was a big deal.

... now, this also begs the question of whether or not it was the same across all provinces (I remember certain things being cheaper in Edmonton compare to where I lived in Saskatoon, where as others were more to account for the cheaper tax or whatever), but I think if we take inflation into account, what we're paying now isn't too bad.

Plus, I was looking for a present for my cousin last week, and couldn't believe the retarded pricing for kids toys, especially popular brand things. Compare to what I came across pretty much everywhere (in terms of both pricing, quality & availability), I found the transformers of today to be a much better buy, so I can't wait till he's old enough to play with this stuff on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.