Thread: Storage?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 09:43 PM   #11
BludChylde
Generation 2
Re: Storage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
Careful with Ziploc bags though. There's a debate as to whether or not they release acid that can damage the plastic. There are certain types of "archival" quality acid-free bags available if you believe there's a difference. They're polypropylene bags if you're looking. A guy who worked at a museum once told me that for larger items, plain plastic grocery bags are safe as long as you don't let the inked side touch anything.
Debate is fine and all, but I'd like to see some damage actually caused by one. I've been using them for Lego since 1996 and for action figures since 2001 or 2002. Like I said in the previous post, the only thing that happens is that they get brittle and tear easy by accessories. I have yet to see any actual damage. Until something is provable, I'm not going to waste my time on archival bags.

Although that is the one thing I find handy about the Transformers lines now. With places to put accessories, you just need something to prevent them from scratching up the paint job on other TFs. No need for storage bags.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.