Thread: Siege Springer
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #14
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Siege Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
Well, I’m sorry you’re insulted by my comment.

I find the fun of transformers is figuring out their transformation. I very rarely use instructions and I never look at videos (unless it’s a figure I’m not getting, just so I can see how it transforms). The puzzle is the best part of transformers (for me, in my opinion).

Springer was incredibly intuitive, for me. Everything had a spot to go and everything lined up exactly as it was supposed to, it just took a bit of time to sort out where and what. Now that I’ve figured him out, I can flip between modes quickly.

He’s definitely a favourite of mine.
And I'm sure that most members would say the exact same thing when it comes to the transformation of most figures, it's nothing special...

For myself, I don't bother with the instructions because to me, they are impossible to read/view well in the bland back and grey monochrone print that they've been doing for the last few years... and with close to 99% of the figures I get, there is absolutely no issue in figuring it out, but I will watch reviews to see how others view the figures and in case I might have missed something as I don't assume that I can't miss something.. heck, with Siege Prime, I never noticed the folding section in the legs for the extra 5mm port that could be used for a trailer until much later simply because it's well hidden.

And again, some are challenging enough to require a viewing to see what we miss to get it done... nothing special there either.

It's good for you if you have one that you don't appear to have the same difficulties that many have had, as maybe your figure has looser pins and such or put together better at the manufacturing level than others may have been. I have a few multiple of some figures and I do have some that one of them is perfect, it snaps well and everything aligns, while another of the exact same figure refuses to snap correctly so some parts are misaligned. Considering that we are taking micrometers' worth of difference with a used mold or just a pin that went it just a tiny bit off (my 30G Sandstorm's arm has a pin that very crocked, and while it still transforms and moves correctly, it doesn't snap perfectly like the other arm). My Siege Ironhide refuses to close the back panels of the truck's back (the legs) simply of a tiny issue with the mold that I can't locate to try and correct by either cutting or grinding a part (which I already tried a few spots).

Same with Ultra Magnus, his shoulder sections, the grey piece will snap perfectly for some, mine didn't at all, I could NOT snap them locked so they'd fall off, so I very gently sanded the tabs until they finally did close and lock the parts in place (which makes a world of difference).

So again I'll repeat as you seem to have missed reading that part: the OP and many comments are NOT about how to transform it, but that it requires to be very specific about alignment of some part as otherwise it doesn't snap together properly. That is confirmed by several members including myself and I would not assume anything about their skills at transforming their figures as you did.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 08-12-2019 at 03:41 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.