Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 03:27 AM   #23
Grayfox
Crossover
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quick question if I may: I seem to read every so often about how many of the people here will wait for months and months before even looking into ordering online. What's the deal, guys?

99.9% of us here aren't new to the hobby, we know how distribution works and we can usually guestimate what's to come with decent precision.

These days, it's the PRID deluxes distro that sucks because [insert reason here]. So why would anyone looking for PRID Jet Vehicon for example (first fig that came to mind) be willing to "wait and see" if stores here will eventualy get it? Anyone who has looked into ordering TFs online knows that a set of a couple figures from places like BBTS costs only a few dollars more than it would buying them locally. Really. It's like 5-10 more at most. Now spread it over 4 or 5 figures. And I'm counting shipping and duty fees here.

It may be just me, but these days, with really uncertain availability of the figures I want, I'm not gonna chance it and wait to see if the figures hit the pegs in the next 6-8 months.

To Hasbro's benefit, my rant applies mostly to PRID deluxes and TRU exclusives (good luck with that MP-10). Pretty much everything else from Botshots to the Prime Weaponizers we are close to or up to date on.

Lastly, someone could negate my entire post by saying that the reason he/she isn't ordering online is because they are on a tight budget and/or only buy TFs when on sale. And these are very valid reasons that I respect. Otherwise, IMO, we have the online option, so let's use it. I support the local stores when they offer the items I want. When they don't, especially when these items have been released elsewhere, I will buy online.

Edit: Quick question; Long rant

Last edited by Grayfox; 09-30-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.