Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 12:12 AM   #30
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: The Seige Ultra Mangus pic, seems like Voyage class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
This is what aggravates me the most about the fandom. I don't know how many times people throw the term scale around and have no clue about what scaling even is. From many screen shots I've seen in Siege Magnus' defense. He is a good height compared to a lot of voyager and deluxe characters. Hasbro screwed the pooch with the over size Leader Class toys. Overlord would look cool towering over Siege UM. POTP Rodimus Prime would look ridiculous.

Never bought POTP Optimus or Rodimus for one reason only. Neither character combines with their trailer or vehicle mode rear end to become a really tall robot. Having the characters stand that damn tall looks wrong. Yes they are taller than a lot of characters, but they shouldn't be standing that tall compared to everyone else. The Siege line is taking us away from a direction the line never should have went in the first place. Yes Magnus is Voyager sized, but could the trailer gimmick be viable at Voyager pricing? Shockwave I'll give you, don't care for 4 arm mode, the sled/drone looks nice, but he could have easily been released as a Voyager. Wouldn't be surprised if the additions were due to someone going "Oh crap, he looks too much like a gun. Let's get some removable spaceship-like parts before someone raises a fuss."

But then too, we are supposed to act like Groove can form an equal size limb to his team mates or that Bruticus somehow doesn't have 4 different sized limbs. But wtf do I know.
I've always wished that they (Hasbro/Takara) would do a proper scale series that would define the scale across all, including having to reconsider some of the figures and their alt mode so that they would be 100% (as much as possible) accurate, which would mean an average "starting" size for all the main characters to be a scout size... this would allow for such as Prime (or such) to be with his trailer at full deluxe "size", and then have the larger ones such are the jets, space shuttles, trains, etc. to be feasible in the larger sizes (similar to Leaders or even larger). This would make it great to release bases, Titans that would actually be usable with internal rooms, space, etc. Transport ships, etc.

For POTP Optimus, I bought it simply because I wanted at least one decent Optimus with an actual trailer, and the robot, actually looks amazing. But I consider that he's a stand-alone piece that I will never use as "scaled" to anything else... if anything, the Prime that I still consider the best G1 Prime is the Classics (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:ClassicsPrime_Vs.jpg) as it's simply amazing in it's simplicity for transformation, the robot is G1 cartoon accurate for it's size, and the truck is very passable, and he's made with excellent plastic. He is an example of how to do things right. Siege is excellent but the kibble is the weak point... (and both lack a trailer which is simply horrible).

And once you get both Ultra Magnus and Shockwave in hand, you get the feel of them, and they aren't too bad.

The worse thing I can say about Siege is that 1) you can see that while the plastic is great compared to so many for many years now, it's already showing that many pegs are loose out of the box, and will get loose (or looser)... and still too much emptiness syndromes in parts... Oddly, Prime is probably to best to be "full".. but the two leaders, way too much emptiness in parts.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-20-2019 at 12:38 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.