Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #12
hXcpunk23
Generation 1
Re: Galvatron II - WIP

New WIP shots........I cut down the shoulders from an Energon Sharkticon to form the shape of Galvatron's shoulder pods (or whatever you call 'em). I then covered all but the outsides with thin sheet styrene and sanded it down around the edges. I glued those in place and cut small pieces to add to the top (for more texture and to look more like some of the G1 Galvatron art out there). These are locked in place and do not move during transformation. I also added some thin styrene sheet strips to the top of the lower legs and added some minor detail to the shins. I plan to do more styrene work on the legs. I added a small Neo Shifters connector to the upper back in bot mode. This piece flips down in alt mode and has a peg that Galvatron's arm cannon pegs right into. I tore apart my previous Galvatron custom cannon (which was the original G1 barrel, the back end of a large ink pen and lots of styrene). I and in the process of building it better, which is why it looks a little naked here. The tripod "tail" underneath the alt mode will also get a bit of work done to it. I'm planning to build up on it a bit with some styrene (and putty, if needed). The crosshairs-type piece that is sticking up on top of the alt mode, slides up and folds down in bot mode to reveal the head. I cut grooves into the inner part of the shoulder pods to allow the head to slide in and out of the chest cavity.

I'll hopefully have more updates on this soon. I'm hoping to work a bit more on it later tonight. For now, I'm out (need some sleep).

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.