Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #19
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Considering quitting collecting ....

When it comes to the price dilemma, I do 100% agree that the increase is a money grab because companies knows that people will pay, and the fad of collecting has been a huge influence, look how comiccons used to be (about comics, a few guests of actual value) and some toys.

Look how many cons there is now, I can't even keep up with them, but the last comiccon, entry being at 50$, I'm glad I missed going, it's just ridiculous at that price... you have to pay to go spend more money, and I really do not care about the activities, the guests, the costumes, ect...

So yeah... the money is what's speaking now.

When you see them drop prices to 75% off and they still make money off it, when you see the empty sockets, so less and less plastic used, less and less accessories, but still they use the prices of materials to excuse their prices...

But... what are the alternative to the Hasbro figures when you love robots? None really as most 3rd parties or other series are either the same prices, or a lot more... a huge lot more.

I collect the Soul of Chogokin for example but have to be very picky, 'cause at anywhere from 100 to 800$, it gives you perspective about the 30# deluxes...

But as others stated, at least the Siege is back to decent quality compared to the last few generations.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 07-14-2019 at 04:22 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.