Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #22
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: My 10 Worst Transformers of 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I'm trying to decide how I felt about 2017 TF toys in general. The headmaster gimmick, while interesting, I think has made me "meh" about the TR figures I bought this year. Not that they are all bad, but that...I guess same shit is the word I would use.

I don't know if I hated any particular figure, but I guess if I would recommend Leader TLK Megatron over the voyager I would say voyager. My Steelbane is a floppy mess so if other have that QC issue then Steelbane goes on the "worst" list.

Maybe I am entering Transfromers fatigue. Maybe the over-priced nonsense is also pushing me away. Maybe retool/remolds of the same figure 4 times is making me roll my eyes. I dunno. I would simply rate my TF buys of 2017 as "meh".
It does sound like fatigue. I felt that by the end of Combiner Wars but TR seemed like a breath of fresh air. The qc made a lot of variation, I found. If someone, Anyone, had a Steelbane that wasn't a floppy joke I applaud them. I mean, having to use polish on EVERY joint was a bit ridiculous. I liked Windblade though, love her face sculpt, and I was going to pass on her.

I totally forgot about infetnicous. Nice colors, not great molds. I bet he would have been cool as a full cw styled combiner though.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.