Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 01:12 AM   #5
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Scalpers... Come on in and say "Hi!"

We have one person some would call a "scalper" in the peg.(OK I'm sure there is more than one). Some people I know refuse to buy from him for this reason.
I can see why it frustrates some people but this same scalper makes trips to the US and brings back all the exclusives for sale in his Flea Market shop. He's been set up there for a long time and is running a business so he needs to make some money. I like his set up and I don't find his prices that bad, I'm sure he makes way less profit margin than Walmart or TRU do.
I've certainly picked up things over the years for resale at the local shows but I really wouldn't pick up more than one of anything to resell. I hope those guys buying ten Soundwave reissues get stuck with them. Ebay is a huge problem on this front as well. Buy it, toss it on ebay, if it doesn't sell return it to the store type nonsense really bugs me. I've never bought anything to sell that I wouldn't be willing to keep if it doesn't move.
Scalping can be a problem but I really haven't found it to be that bad around here.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.