Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #28
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Megatron Price and Release Date Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Twice as tall but more than twice as big, Megatron is a lot broader than primal, and has a much more significant backpack. But yes it still costs too much.

I don't however think boycotting the figure based on it's price is the best idea. Not that I'm saying anyone should, or has to buy MP-43, but I could see TT interpreting MP-43's (and perhaps MP-41's) failure the wrong way, and thinking we just don't want (or can't afford) MP's anymore.

And I do see this pricing bleeding over into G1 MP's as well, MP-40 was cheaper but MP-39 and MP-42 cost a pretty penny, for how much actual figure you got. Be wary for when Prime v3 is 40,000 yen
Not to mention MP-36 was well over the $200.00 CAD mark and the recent TRU exclusive MP-10 was $230.00 CAD before any TRU sales or discounts.

My main point is that 3rd party companies are making some massive and amazing figures that rival or outshine TT's products, all at a reasonable prices. TT better get more competitive because, right now, it's just not worth it
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.