Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 65 - The Six Million Dollar Slag

- What different fan mindsets have you run into?
I've mostly run into the general fan of all things TF, and there those who are particular to one continuity or another, so I guess I've been lucky?

- Do any of you ascribe to any of these particular mindsets?
I think I fit somewhere in the Beast Wars/BW2 group of the fandom. I have nothing against the other series, I enjoy them, but for some reason BW/BW2 just hits that sweet spot, ya know?

- Is there a TF line that you must have some of to be called a TF fan?
Without a doubt Classics/Universe/Generations. I will admit having at least 1 G1 toy does help, but I feel the Classics line - and its successors - are figures you have no excuse not to own given their availability in the last 5-6 years.

- Is there a single figure that all TF collectors must have? Any Optimus Prime. Yes, I know this is a cop-out, but let's be fair here. He's the hallmark of the franchise; no matter what, if you asked someone what the first thing they think of when you say "Transformers" is, they'll probably say "that truck guy" or "Prime". More specifically, Classics or G1 Prime.

- Are third party items the Mazarati's of the TF world? Or do they even deserve to be referred to as TF's?
Anything that goes from one form to another is technically a "Transformer", so it's all about brand names imo. Technically they're Transformers, but they do so much more that I feel they are better suited in their own category.

- If TF snobs bug you, what do you like to tell them when encountered in person?
If you like something, good for you. Don't be a total prude about it to others though.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.