Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 08:35 PM   #26
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: I got scammed by user Mindtricks who also has username Nostalgic

Does anyone know what region he lives in, and what information the police in that region has on him already?

The police and bank should be in communication with each other on this, if there is an issue maybe they can block the funds from getting to him and trace him via the financial info. as well. I find you have to do alot of leg work in many cases with these types of crimes as sometimes the police are not overly eager to do much beyond put in a report. The banks seem to be more concerned as it costs them alot of money and its their facilities being used for these types of crimes. Does not mean you will have money returned, but it might put him in hot water.

I also recommend using protected payment methods if you dont know the seller...call your bank or CC company to find these options. Paypal also might help...both Visa and Paypal for online orders have card protection, so if he doesnt show tracking information or can prove you got the items, he cannot claim his money.

Also recommend dealing with those that have a good rep on this community..beware there have been quite a few sellers on ebay from china with good reps. that have had their accounts hacked it seems over the last few months..even some where forum members have bought from successfully in the past...just a heads up.

I also recommend mods and members of the thread about this criminal have all of the information sent to whoever at the bank does this investigation. The financial institutions have massive fraud departments, so they should take this issue seriously beyond just telling you the funds were taken. Visa's department is called Resolutions, I'd suggest contacting the financial company and asking to speak to someone from resolutions...once you speak with them they can maybe direct you to their fraud centre. Im surprised they just gave a response that they cannot help. Even in situation where you dont have a right to a claim, they will often do an investigation or take special consideration if a crime was committed. They should gladly escalate the matter.

Good luck!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.