Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: Iron Man 3
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #14
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Iron Man 3

See, now I view things a little bit differently, the film was pretty good really, the suits falling apart thing...

Ok, first of all there was nobody in the damn things during the final battle, and the Extremis people appear to be fairly strong, capable of tearing them open and such.

The thing with Tony, I see his problems with the Mark 42 as being connected to his anxiety attacks, not necessarily a power problem, also it was a prototype and unfinished/unpolished when everything went down.

As for The Mandarin, there is something very puzzling about that too. I mean I half figured that he wasn't who he pretended to be when they started showing scenes with him and Killian working together. There was just something off about him, and then when the dude made that line about the plastic surgery I was half expecting the end credits scene to be this big reveal that the real Mandarin was using both Killian and this actor as some sort of blind/decoy. It didn't happen, but that one throwaway line seemed to me to be somehow connected to some hidden plot elements that may have been left on the cutting room floor.

As for the pacing of the film, I didn't think it was too bad, sure some of the stuff happens a little fast maybe, but then again would you rather be sitting there getting tons of exposition and useless tripe or would you rather see more action? Dark Knight Rises was a long film with a few pacing issues in my mind, this... This was nothing compared to that.

I guess I could be a little bit more dissapointed that The Mandarin wasn't this big all-powerful villain with ten magic rings, but... Well weren't they just alien devices he'd found and turned into rings? Honestly I still feel there's something of a set up there for a true Mandarin in the next sequel, considering all of those comments by Killian and his 'father' and that. Perhaps he's actually the Mandarin's son.

My one question is this though, if Tony fixed Extremis and it allowed them to perform the heart surgery, does that mean he and Pepper can become super strong whenever they want? Or will it be this cheap retcon where you can just take it out of the system once it's in there, because I don't think that's how Extremis works.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.