Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #10
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: Canada Post Strike - Links for Updates/Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrluthor View Post
I got a bunch of stuff coming in the mail. The strike is affecting other countries post offices as well. TF-Direct is not mailing items to Canada because China Post is not shipping to Canada till after the strike is over. U.K.s Royal Post which still covers Hong Kong Post is not shipping to Canada either till it's over.
Yes, I read that on TF-Direct's site as well, but im not sure if it means that China Post is not taking any parcels that need to go to Canada, or just holding them in China and not giving guaranteed dates as they will not pass it to Canada Post until CP tells them their backlog is manageable. Staff at my post said there wouldnt be an issue, but not sure if they knew exactly.

Has anyone tried to put in a TF-Direct or another order from China and had the seller cancel it because of the strike? .......They might be able to put the orders in, but sellers themselves may refuse orders to avoid chargebacks on delayed orders by Visa and Paypal. Not really sure how it will operate.

I get parcels from all around the world and I had one sent from Czech Rep, paid at 2.5 weeks ago after the strike started and got it without issue. It went from CeskaPosta to CP. I had a few items sent from China and didnt get them before the strike or after, they were very small and sent via letter I think though so unpredictable at best of times.

So im unsure if foreign national postal services are refusing Canadian parcels, but my impression is that they are just holding them until CP and the rest of the $%#$s sort themselves out....big problem if yr depending on online shopping for getting things for XMas, but it will just mean it will be a memorable Xmas for kids this year...not a good memory mind u, but memorable.

Happy Hunting...
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.