Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 10:08 PM   #33
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: If you think the Siege Deluxe at $29.99 is absurd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Seriously, put multiple series "deluxe" side by side and it's easy to see the difference in size and quality.

Heck, put POTP Prime, which is Orion pax "deluxe" (and then some) and the trailer body... Can you put it next to Siege Ultra Magnus and say that they are "equal" as they are both leaders?

I wouldn't...

All this to say, it's still very inconsistent, and I guess that makes overpricing easier.
You're talking about two different things here. First is the price for a specific class of figure, and second is what you get at that price point.

In terms of what you get for what they're charging for a deluxe, voyager, or leader now is definitely less than what we got before. In some cases the differences are marginal. In other cases they're very significant.

With that said, in terms of comparing present prices to past prices, you can only compare price points to the same price point. A deluxe class is still a deluxe class and voyager is still a voyager. Etc.

Just because one deluxe figure gives you a little more or a little less bang for your buck, doesn't change the fact that it's still a deluxe figure.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.