Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #21
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: rental car warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
Please provide the name and location of any body shop in Calgary that's doing dent repair for $26. Also explain how a scratch can change dark paint to white without touching the paint.
Show your photos to Contemporary Coachworks and ask them how much it would cost to fix. If they say it's under $500, I'll pay your rental charges.
im not going to get into a flame war with you(I know who you are/previous user name)
it boils down to this....the white you see is the other cars paint.
the white isn't even past the clearcoat or into the base coat.with 2-3 minutes of my time and some polish or even arm and hammer toothpaste with baking soda,i can remove the white.
the ding itself,if you're so adamant about it,look up dent clinic and ask them how much to remove a door ding that's 1/8" x1/8" .they're going to tell you that it's 26 dollars for the first one,then 10-15 for each additional one.my wife just went there in January for her 2011 crv.
and as for contemporary coachworks,those guys are idiots. they're who t and t Honda sends repairs to. it took them 5 return trips to fix a tiny rust spot on my 09 si ,even then,the fifth trip was to have them completely powerpolish my entire front half of my car as they didn't even bother masking for over spray when repainting the back end of the car.
I actually had their main shop foreman on his hands and knees hand polishing my monochromatic rims of over spray in the parking lot there as they still couldn't get it right after five trips back. they're not as reputable as you think they are.to this day,there's still over spray on my headlights,thick enough that you have to wet sand it all off first before you plastic polish it.(another project i'm dreading as I shouldn't have to do it if they were as good as they claim.)
ask "chris"(the same guy we both know at tandt)
in the aftermarket side how many return trips I had to make back there.....

as for yours costing that much,yours was either right down to the bare metal(past the clearcoat/basecoat/primer)or you got taken for a ride.
but the damage I pictured is "surface",meaning it sits on top of the clearcoat.
with $500.00,you could buy a brand new whole door skin...

Last edited by chans formers; 07-23-2015 at 01:06 PM.
chans formers is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.