Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 01:23 AM   #24
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
Re: NES classic edition worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
Kodi is stable on the RPi and has been for quite some time now. I'm by no means an expert, however, I do run Kodi on about a half dozen devices here, so I'm not sure what that makes me...probably qualified to dispense some advice. So to answer your question Kodi is very mature on RPi, in fact I still run it on a RPi1 model b, which is a little dated now but stable.

If you only want to run Kodi there are stripped down distributions specifically for that one application like OpenElec, LibreElec, OSMc , Xbian..probably more I don't know about. Generally little configuration is required with these.
On the other hand, RetroPie is closer to a full blown OS dedicated to gaming, requires you getting your hands a little dirty with the command line and Kodi is optionally installed as a normal application on top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Hmmm... I haven't looked into an RPi muh as I haven't touched Linux anything in nearly 20 years, but hearing that it can support Kodi interests me more to use it as a unified media center/emulator box. How stable is Kodi on the RPi? I haven't used Kodi on PC yet but have been made familiar with how to set it up, the need for repositories/add-ons etc. for it, but never thought of putting it on an RPi and wondering how well it runs on that in comparison to a Windows platform. Not asking for a full how-to, just feedback on stability.

On topic though, has anyone else seen or heard of any newer sightings in terms of restock since it got released and sold out last week?
Depending on which model you get, you might need to invest in some additional peripherals. I'd suggest getting the Pi 3 since that has Bluetooth and Wifi already added onto the board itself.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.