Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: Repaints & Minor Mods Dark of the Moon: Intimidator
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
Autobotx23
Generation 2
Dark of the Moon: Intimidator

One of the few customs I've done where the Alternate mode is more important as the robot mode. The commissioner chose his favorite version of Dale Earnhardt's race car and asked for me to replicate the Monte Carlo layout on the Impala DOTM Roadbuster figure. Due to scale and model differences (as well as a few hard to acquire graphics at print quality), a few of the decals were not included on this figure, but 95% of them are. The stock car reference art was followed for an accurate decal layout (some liberties taken, again for surface area in comparison to the Monte Carlo) . All company logos were CMYK/Pantone color matched according to that company's branding guidelines. The customer has a large Shattered Glass collection and asked that this figure have a SG Autobot decal.

The head is from PCC Smolder (for combined mode) and the hand guns from DOTM Laserbeak. I added a small Gundam part over the chest for a slightly different look. For the same reason I moved the hood corners over the shoulders in robot mode.

The figure is painted with Testors Model Master Flat Black, Gloss White and Guards Red, with Games Workshop Mithral Silver, Blood Red and Radar Black for highlight and shadows. Decals were self created and available for sale. (Email me for more info). More pics HERE. Thanks for looking.

Autobotx23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.