Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Re: PE-01 Shadow Warrior PHOTO review (56Kers Beware)

Brand new Gun

Shadow Commander posing, holding the gun... now here's the thing I didnt like: he's very loose in Shadow Commander's hands... I would'vle thought he's made for Shadow Commander, so he'd fit perfectly on him.... but NO he doesnt at all fit on Shadow commander... he's loose in his hands and shoulders

Now we've all seen the screenshots of Shadow Warrior on Shadow Commander's shoulder... Seriously... I have NO IDEA HOW THEY DID IT... I say they Glued him on his shoulders... You need to remove the pistol, and use Shadow Warrior's Peg into the Shadow Commander's shoulder hole... FIRST you need to remove the canons... otherwise, as stated earlier, as you push on it, the peg slides back inside... so you remove the canons, hold the head, and push it inside SC' shoulder hole... but as soon as it fits in... it pops out... it doesnt hold at all :-( You seen the video review of frenzyrumble's video, he couldnt make SW stay stuck on SC's shoulders... I couldnt either... even with patience and time...

and leaving the pistol as the handle... it's WAY TOO LOOSE to hold in place

I dunno if it was intended for this... but you can Peg the pistol on the side of either legs... I think it's a pretty neat Holster :-)

You can also peg the canons as a back pack

PROS:
+Incredibly Detailed
+Perfectly Articulated
+Price... for all the articulation & details for this size TF... it's nice
+great Update on a favorite G1

CONS:
-Doesnt Fit with Shadow Commander as PE says he would beside his color scheme
-Shadow Commander's color scheme... would've been better as an original G1 color scheme
-Price... yes also as a CON... because bottom line is... you're paying 30-40$ for a thumb size TF, at the same price you can get a Voyager size, heck more if you're lucky.
-I couldnt find any place in Shadow Commander's truck mode to store Shadow Warrior :-( one less compatibility with Shadow Commander... seriously... beside the color... I dont see how SW is made to go with SC

Is PE-01 Shadow Warrior Worth the buy?
YES if you want it as a stand alone figure on your shelf... NO if you want him as a Shadow Commander's accessory.

I wanted to buy two; one on shelf as a robot, the other as a weapon on Shadow Commander... but I only bought one... and I think I made the right choice... If you ask me... if PE ever makes a 02 with G1 color of the same mold... Jump on it ASAP... otherwise... it's your call... like I said... as a Stand alone Transformer, he's Incredible... Details and articulation alone is a work of art... the draw back is the Shadow color scheme choosen for Shadow commander when he doesnt fit correctly in his hands or shoulders.

Oh and I figured why he's "Shadow" like Shadow Commander... It was a secret never told that Shadow Commander was in fact a MERGE of City Commander and Soundwave... its only Natural that Rumble goes back in his storage unit LOL:

Last edited by Slave; 02-20-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Slave is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.