Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 11:04 PM   #26
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Price hike for 2020?

The problem is, every time the price increases, you have people that agrees with it, defends Hasbro over it even...

I said it a while back when the 15$ wingship Megatron was re-released in a box for 30+$, and yet, some nodded their heads that the "new" paint made it special and warranted the increase.

I said it when the question of the Unicron funding happened, again, I stated that this would lead to more increases as the water was tested and enough people gulped that water down.

Siege placed everyone under the magnifying glass as they pushed hard with the 40% increase, and they knew that these weren't regular figures, these were the true G1 versions that most had waited for since the beginning, and for most collectors, it was a case of missing out of them or suck it up and swallow the increase.

They played with the "exclusives" and the limited stock, causing most to fight with their budgets and themselves to "stay in the game", or hope for sales or miss out of the figures that they had been waiting for.

The collector's share of the pie is a LOT larger than most want to believe, and if you can't believe it, then why the exclusives, why the rarety of many, if this was about making lots of sales towards children, as if their true audience were children, they would make them cheaper, and absolutely available easily for the impulse buys, the grab while in the toy isle, but that isn't the case at all.

Siege got me good for many at full price, and with Walmart never with any sales that I've seen this year, and TrU's best sales limited to 20%, but many at 15%, and many times, between waves with the shelf warmers, getting better prices has been a game with the risk of simply missing out, that many didn't play.. including myself most of the time.

I'm going to hope that Earthrise is going to be different, as I do plan to wait for sales as much as possible, and hope that exclusives are going to be much lower in numbers.

I also plan to really limit myself to the G1 crew that are needed to complete the "set" and avoid the superfluous ones unless liquidation prices hit them.

Siege has probably been the most active series I've ever seen, and aside a few figures, most didn't shelf warm much if at all, and we've yet to see any end up at Winners or such.

But all increases are only pushing me towards the end of me continuing getting TFs and go back to the ad-hoc ones when one figure does hit my "fancy". But also, it's only pushing me towards 3rd parties and KOs, and other series. At this rate, I will eventually end up being so very picky that my purchases could end up being limited to just a few (up to maybe 3 to 5) figures of any kind per year, if not call it quits altogether, and I'm still considering doing a massive clean-up and sell a large chuck of my collection at some point.

Thanks Hasbro, it's been fun, but you're really asking too much with these price increases, the ugly and cheap gaps, the lack of weapons and accessories, the minimal paint, and the constant whining of the hardship of costs, when you go and buy other companies that are billions of dollars, when your reports are showing huge profits (in the billions) every year. I wish I could cry about "only making that much that goes in the bank account as net profits per year".

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-05-2020 at 02:42 AM.
imfallenangel is online now   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.