Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 04:10 PM   #21
TRUCKvsGUN
Re: Price hike for 2020?

On one hand, it sucks when prices go up.

On the other, they're better toys as a trend. I can only speak to a few SS releases, but Siege blows previous lines out of the water. It's fine to say you'd rather have Combiner Wars etc price points, but don't end the statement there as though everything else is the same, because it isn't: better toys cost more money; Siege is better than CW hands-down; it only follows that Siege would cost more. The real, unspoken point of disagreement is whether the price increases and improvements in design/quality are of a 1:1 ratio in value.

Regardless of whether you agree with the above, here's something you may want to consider: rather than being purely reactionary and tightening your belt whenever prices jump, try cutting back before they jump. I myself started focusing my purchases before the Siege/TLK price hike, and it made that pill much easier to swallow. If the cuts you make are disciplinary in nature rather than reactionary, you will be happier for having made them because they were your choices rather than your wallet's.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime

Last edited by TRUCKvsGUN; 01-04-2020 at 04:15 PM.
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.