Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #34
Foxw
Founder of BFC group
Re: What's with this community...

the following comments are those of the poster, and does not reflect those of anyone else but the poster

okay, first off, dramatic's aside, there has been a lot of equally valid points made.

1. a free economy works based on fact that anyone can sell x item for what every they want. if anyone buys it is up to the consumer.

2. since the demise of publications like toyfair and their monthly/bi-monthly price index, there is no comprehensive source for "value". As such many members, who feel they have a feel for a pieces "average value" tend to speak out in what they feel is justified to warn fellow members from what they feel is overly inflated prices.

They do this to try and avoid the inflation rate ebay sees regularly. as most often when one guys sells x bot for z price, most others not 'clearing house' will to. the best method imho would be to add a semi regular updated DB on site here acting as a fair price guide.

and by "fair price" i mean a derived value based on sold prices over a set timeframe, polling numerous info streams, ie, here, tfw, ebay,etc. shmax already does this, polling i believe 3 or 4 auction sites and also polling member data on what they paid to define classic low to high value data.

3. A LOT of people in todays society have forgotten a simple truth.

"one viewpoint is only as valid as the other". if your correct, then so's the other guy.

i don't always agree with what some people say, but they have the right to speak thier mind (within the site rules o'course), to voice thier opinion as much as i do mine.

but i still don't think my pov is anymore valid then anyone elses.

I bid all a good day.

/exit soapbox

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.