Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 10:21 AM   #62
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: The Siege Ultra Magnus pic, seems like Voyager class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Honestly, I agree with you. If you like it, buy it, if you don't, move on. I suggest everyone should watch this video by Bobby Skullface. It really hits home with a lot of the decisions we make as collectors (namely money).

https://youtu.be/i3_sGTHlBOU
Just watched it, and honestly, he misses the mark on many things I find.

I just got into an argument in another thread were it was clear that some members don't understand a few things at all and would rather be arrogant about their views...condescending towards anyone that doesn't see it their way.

When it comes to collecting, a person will like something, some like the movies figures, others just the G1, etc. but what we collect is what defines our style of collecting.

Trouble is, some figures have become so very expensive that many can no longer afford them...

My point was that the company making these figures are inflating the prices, and I don't sugar coat it. When you know that companies that are able to mass produce, with all the research, development, plastic and wrapping, etc, most figures are only worth a fraction that they are sold for, but companies will go with prices that people take as gospel. This applies to all manufactured goods.

Do I believe that toys are overpriced, yes, absolutely.

Do I find it right? no, it prevents those that are limited financially from getting figures that they'd love to get.

Is it right to say "don't buy if you can't afford"? Well due, of course, but it sucks that one can't afford something because a company is trying to maximize their cash flow.

For me, I technically can afford most things, but I still am picky, extremely picky for many reasons. Even if I would be a billionaire, I still wouldn't just go and get everything out there just because I could afford it.

So as I've stated before... it's absolutely fine to state that one can find something overpriced, but they still get it simply because you want to have it (and can afford it).

For this silly debate about scale...

The siege Ultra Magnus, once you have it next to the other Siege figures and most Deluxe figures or such that are within a similar scale, he does absolutely work well. He's only slightly taller but he's also much bulkier, so he feels "right" to me, as I see some figures that do end up much too tall... think of a "team" going inside the Ark to fly to another planet... having one character having to crawl on hands and knees to get in would be silly... so this guy, in human terms would be the 6'3 weightlifter guy compared to the 5'10 -6' average sized guys getting into a bus. Check it out below where I have all of the Siege (and others) together.

Transformers have managed to be all over the map, and I get figures because I like them, fit in my collection, and yes, I prefer when they "match" well together, but then, I'm the guy that has an office like this at home... try to name them all... it's a challenge.

p.s. that's just part of it....

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-22-2019 at 10:32 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.