Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 05:25 PM   #28
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: What Did You Think Of Bumblebee?? **SPOILERS**

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post

I also found Haliee did a decent job, but with Bumblebee the only Transformer around plus not able to talk, she couldn't carry the movie on her own.
Shia at lest had Optimus Prime around, so he could have an intelligent conversation with a Transformer. Also, Sam's journey in ROTF was epic.

Neither Hailee nor Bumblebee had any epic vibe.
Charlie’s story arc was very well thought out and defined compared to Sam’s in film one. Now, her story is not Transformers related which is likely your critcism, but her journey in the film was perfectly executed.

Every dot connected in her plot, from the issues of having lost her father to the desire to get freedom from her mother and step father over those issues. The reasons why she got interested in fixing cars, due to lasting memories from doing things with her father.

Sam was a rich kid from the suburbs that wanted to get laid. There was nothing else there. And I loved Shia, he was extremely fun - just shallow.

I also think you are selling the Transformers content of the film slightly short. Where Charlie and Bee had their story unfolding we got a ton of scenes with Shatter and Dropkick.

These Decepticons got significant screen time and specific personaity traits. Even Blitzwing’s brief role gave him an interesting personality, that of a military tracker and enforcer of a sort of actual Cybertronian government.

I think the critcism of the Decepticons not getting named is accurate though.

Lastly, I think criticisms of the continuity issues are extremely valid as well. As I say it didn’t bother me as I view this as a soft reboot and am expecting changes for that reason. I think anyone who knows the Bay films know this was meant as a slight reboot reguardless of the out of universe statements from the producers and Hasbro.

But if you critcize the continuity issues in the film heavily, while cheering the Cybertron scenes(which are as big if not a bigger hole in the continuity of the Bayverse) - lets just say I find that to be a bit of hypocritical cherry picking

I’m honestly surprised you found so many things to like the the Bay films, but seemed to find almost nothing you enjoyed in this one.

This movie is The Girl Who Loves Powerglide compared to Transformers the Movie 1986.........relatively speaking. I think one can make arguements both were bad on individual merit, but I don’t feel one should take Girl Who Loves Powerglide and imply it is bad because it isn’t the 1986 film.

They were meant to be two very different stories set in roughly the same universe.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.