Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #10
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Proposed change to the sightings forum format.

IMHO any sighting that's more than a week old isn't really worth much. From my observations, on average the number of BC sightings posted per day is less than 5. I try to peek into the sightings any time there are new post just to see what's out there. It takes up less than a minute every day to keep up. When I'm looking for something all I usually have to do is back up a page and skim the last weeks worth of sightings which is usually less than 35 short posts. That takes me less time than typing in a search.

IMHO if you enforce a format it makes people less likely to post a timely sighting because it's a hassle to format things to an exacting standard on a phone or to to have to return on a desktop and edit a post because it wasn't formatted right.

Also if I don't post A sighting from my phone then there's a good chance I'll forget. I'm sure it'll be like that for others too and the net result is less sightings posted. Personally, I'd rather have the unformatted sightings than no sightings at all.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.