Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 03:22 PM   #97
BigWillay
Robot Master
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Ok some really great posts in here that made me laugh quite a bit. Some very interesting points were made about alot of things. so I'm gonna try and keep this short.

- Combiner wars was a piss off, between trying to find limbs at decent prices, without giving into scalper prices, having to buy the 3p upgrade kits to make a bot look decent and how did it start off so well with Superion, and slowly tumble to the bruticus. Everything was a repaint with a new head and a little sculpting changes.

- TR took way to long to find what you were looking for, and then they make Brainstorm a Walgreens exclusive... all the figures were super hollow and cheapy.... this line was what did it for me and why I couldnt even start to look at the POTP stuff

Prices on any line of their toys, as well as the MP and 3p stuff is going up... mp dinobot as an example!! Im glad takara wants to give us a V3 prime... but hey.. how about a jazz or some of the other characters before prime. They certainly had no issue repainting/remolding the Lambor mold like 40 times... and the datsun mold about 10.. dont even get me started with the seeker mp mold.

I just dont feel bang for buck anymore... 70 bucks for a leader class figure is a hard pill to swallow... as an adult... can't imagine its any easier for those with kids. Not that 30 bucks for a marvel legend is much better but at least it poses well and has paint...

As for the people.. TFW is just brutal... everyone there thinks you should pay top dollar for their stuff.. but be prepared for the lowball express on stuff your selling, and oh yah.. isnt shipping included... lol. Here I've had alot of great interactions with people, not saying there haven't been some issues but i'd say 98% has been great and have made some friends in this hobby.

The last few lines have turned me off from the retail stuff and I now refuse to buy it. Too much money for too little product...

oh and my last gripe... is people not reading sales threads properly lol.
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.