Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 11:03 PM   #4
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: Does anyone else think that Drift...

I think Crosshairs was supposed to be Springer, but for whatever reason he was changed and his helicopter mode was given to Drift. He looks like a movie Springer to me. So much so that can't even remember his name 99% of the time. I just keep refer to him in my head as AOE Springer.

I have a feeling it may be because of his name that they chose to change up the characters. Anybody who isn't a Transformers fan, when they hear the name "Springer", they're going to think of Jerry Springer. And I don't think Hasbro would want to have their character mistaken for a "talk show" host who has half-naked transvestite fighting each other everyday on his TV show. And once you change the name from Springer, it's like, why bother keeping the helicopter mode, unless they did so at a point where it was already written into the script.

Or who knows, maybe Michael Bay was just like, "I want the blue one to be the helicopter". And that was it. We already know that the reason why Dinobot Strafe isn't called Swoop is because the design was changed so much during production that Hasbro didn't feel comfortable calling him Swoop because it was no longer true to that character. A similar thing probably happened with Crosshairs/Springer.

I have a feeling the same thing happened with Hound too. Hound looks more like Bulkhead to me. Even people I saw the movie with who aren't Transformers fans said, "was that one Bulkhead?" I'm guessing they probably changed his name because his character is nothing like Bulkheads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traumahound View Post
It does seem kind of weird. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Drift the first triple changer in the movie-verse?
Actually, I think Megatron was the first triple-changer in the movie-verse, sort of. In ROTF, he was shown to change from tank mode to "jet mode" which was basically just him extending little wings and using the booster jets on the back of his tank mode. Though it's really open to interpretation. If you just look at on-screen characters with distinctly different modes, then yes, Drift is the first. If you include all other media, I think Shockwave would be it because in the first movie game he transformed into both an Apache helicopter and an artillery cannon.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 06-29-2014 at 11:14 PM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.