View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #106
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: Goodbye TRU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatron View Post

One question though. If Toys R Us are 9% of Hasbro's sales and lets be generous and say Wal-Mart is 20%, then where is the other 70%? If its already from on-line sales through the likes of Amazon, then Uh Oh.
Probably not that high for amazon (probably around the same as TRU), probably not that high for Walmart either (probably less).

Here are my thoughts;

First is Hasbro don't just make toys, they also have an entertainment and gaming division.

Second it would be a bit foolish for Hasbro (or any company) to rely on just one retailer. In the US their are a lot of retailers to sell to (Target, Kmart, Meijer etc)

Third, Hasbro is a international company selling to most of the world. I've been noting a lot of sighting from TFW2005 from South America and Europe that I wasn't seeing a few years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Exactly.70%.....what did we do before toys are us...if there is a vaccume ..
if they go out of business some one (s) will fill that gap ..
I can remember when they were not in exsistance and toys were everywhere from sears ,consumers,to specislty shops if there is a dollar to be made ..someone will fill the gap...maybe we'll get better distribution and more even product flow if they close out excess stores in states...since we're so profitable ...imho
And yet we are down to 2 major retailers that sell toys year round.

10 years ago we had 5 (Zellers, Walmart, Loblaw, Sears, Toys R Us).

20 years ago we still had K-mart, Consumers Distributing, Eatons and one more I can't remember the name of.

If TRU goes, maybe Marshals/Winner/Home Sence would step up. Maybe Giant Tiger would give it a go.

But considering how much money TRU makes from Babies R Us and how limited Walmarts sellection is (at least near me) I have to conclude much like electronics, their is not a lot of profit in toys.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772

Last edited by Tekkamanraiden; 09-22-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.