Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 11:25 AM   #11
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: I said I wouldn’t and I did. Go "figure."

Dec 2 - MMC Ocular Max PS-04S Stealth Azalea TFcon Chicago 2018 Exclusive

Wasn’t really on the radar at all. I saw the pink prototype at TF Con this past year and was not impressed but I did get to watch a true master of photography take some shots of her which was a genuine treat at TF Con Toronto this year. As for this one I really liked that oddball crazy face and while not enough to justify buying it, I do recall skimming over some IDW history where Arcee was tortured and changed by Jhiaxus and somehow she was Galvatron’s sister or something in that Universe but don’t quote me since I know very little of IDW. Whatever it actually is if someone knows please feel free to fill me in. I figured since Megatron had his Nightbird originally then this could serve as Nightbird 2.0 meant for Galvatron. Too bad she didn’t come with swords because I think that would be really good for this psycho look so I’ll have to check around to see if I can find anything suitable. In hand I probably should have gone with my first instinct because I’m still not impressed. I’m not going rain a ton of shit of this figure but I’m not going to sing its praises either. If you are wondering MMC of FT then only you can decide, me personally I would go with FT over this anyway despite the transformation. I paid the same amount for both and think I get my money’s worth with Rouge.

Granted this is an exclusive and that was the only reason I went with it. For the good, I like the transformation as I think it is vastly superior to FT (very simple by comparison), the mold looks good and it has a vast amount of accessories and that is where the train ends for me. Articulation wise she has some great points but then also suffers because of it. The ankle tilt “breaks” above the ankle into the very past of the shin, then there is that actual break in the middle of the shin and very weak knees. With the legs being die cast as soon as I tried to bend her legs for certain poses, gravity just took over and she slide down the wall like a drunk college freshman. They arms are a PITA because there is no locking point for the chest. You rotate the shoulder forward and the whole chest is coming with it. The shoulder paldrons don’t lock in and constantly move. At least of FT (although not shown in the instructions) you can lock them in with the hood. Don’t get me wrong her upper body is not floppy it just doesn’t lock in anywhere. The alt mode is small but to be fair so is DX9 Terror and he unfolds to a total MP scale bot and she comes close so I’ll give her points for that.

Having interchangeable hands is ok for Marvel legends but I don’t think this was a good choice here. They pop of far too easily. In some shots with her guns they would fall out before the timer counted down. If she had no weapon the stayed in just fine. The faces I get but they could have done something better with the 4 main face expressions I think. Scratch that they might be ok but the yellow eyes bug me. Just a personal choice, they could have gone with red. The scary faces are a nice touch and enjoy them. I’ll stick with Halloween face for my display with a big friggin axe. Since I’m not really digging her as an Arcee, I’m gonna say the Megatron consciousness crawled its way back to the front of Galvatron’s brain, found Nightbird and used Unicron's reformatting chamber to make Nightbird 2.0. Oh and she really needed a pair of swords.

Last edited by wervenom; 12-03-2018 at 03:45 PM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.